Upgrade to 2.14 problems

Hello, I have 5 OpenVidu Instances on AWS working fine with the 2.12 version, but some times, maybe one time for week, one of them crash and turn down all the connections, I don’t know why, so I read the 2.14 version could solve a few crashing problems, I decide to upgrade to 2.14 version… bad idea.

Even when in 2.12 I have that problem one time peer week (and it isn’t every week, only 3 times in two months, in different instances) my servers works fine.

Today is the first day I use the 2.14 and the server kick the publishers all the time, I make a few test yesterday but you know, Only one guy can’t test a video system like +20000 users at the same time. So in my test the server works fine, but in the real life, with 500 users at the same time in one AWS instance, the server has a lot of problems.

I can not keep doing test with a production server, so I can’t send logs and other kind of things, also change from 2.12 to 2.14 and go back to 2.12 isn’t a easy task, becasue I need to change ports and browser library versions, but it’s good to help other user and if you are working fine with the 2.12 and don’t have a way to fully test the 2.14, don’t upgrade.

Hello @msalomon,

We are sorry you are having problems updating from 2.12 to 2.14.

We plan to publish 2.15 version the next week. We will ask you to update it to give a try and send us the OpenVidu logs to try to understand what happens so we can fix the problems.

Regards

I’m a little afraid to try another upgrade, because isn’t easy to make a test with the same amount of clients that we have in production, and when it fails in production is a big problem for me.

I can try to make a aws instance with 2.15, but I need to know how to change the port to the 4443.

Spanish time! Just the same, but in spanish.

Me da un poco de miedo hacer una actualización porque no es fácil hacer una prueba con tantos usuarios, y una falla en producción es un problema serio.

Puedo hacer una prueba creando una instancia aws con la 2.15, pero necesitaría saber cómo cambiar el puerto de conexión al 4443, porque no voy a ponerme a pasar el código otra vez de un puerto para el otro.

Thanks and have a great day.

I understand.

you can change OpenVidu port just using the property HTTPS_PORT in .env file.