Upgrading from 2.11.0 to 2.15.0

Hello everybody,

I was using openVidu 2.11.0 and everything was working properly. after upgrading to 2.15.0 each client only sees its video and sees other publishers without video. I want to know if there are any changes in ports or other configs.

Thanks in advance,
Alireza

Is this in production? I’ll suggest you to create a new deployment directly with ports specified in on premises instructions (if you’re using on premises of course). Some things changed, for example default openvidu port is now 443. Anyways is hard to help without logs from the browser or anything.

Check ports used here:

this is my log:

[INFO] 2020-11-17 14:37:17,743 [AbstractJsonRpcClientWebSocket-reqResEventExec-e2-t64] io.openvidu.server.kurento.core.KurentoParticipantEndpointConfig - KMS event [IceComponentStateChange]: -> endpoint: str_CAM_JXCi_con_BIU74N29KY (publisher) | state: FAILED | componentId: 2 | streamId: 1 | timestamp: 1605611237742

Please I need to know a bit more about the environment:

1. Is this error happening in a production environment or in your development environment?
  2. What ports do you have openned?
  3. Are you using oficial instructions here?: https://docs.openvidu.io/en/latest/deployment/deploying-on-premises/
  4. What is the content of your /opt/openvidu/.env file?
  5. What is the output of sudo docker ps, maybe coturn is not running properly

I really encourage you to try deploying in a fresh machine an OpenVidu deployment following instructions here: https://docs.openvidu.io/en/latest/deployment/deploying-on-premises/

The deployment has changed too much from version 2.11.0 to 2.15.0. Now we always use Docker in our deployments and I’m thinking that your containers are not running properly because older software from OpenVidu 2.11.0 running in your machine

yes, you are right. we are not using Docker. I’ll fix this issue and then I’ll report the result.
thanks

1 Like

Deploy 2.16.0 better, now that is the latest stable release.

1 Like

ok, I’ll try that.
thanks