Video quality decreased suddenly

Hello All,

We had implemented the OpenVidu successfully for our project and it was working fine since last couple of months.

Since, last 3 days, suddenly the video quality of participants has decreased significantly. We did not make any configuration/code changes. I even tried to run the sample code provided (pointing to my media server), sill the video quality show distorted.

Can you please advice on how and where we should be looking into this issue? Is there something related to the media server?

Also, I observed (not sure, though) that reducing the frame rate gives better video quality on the sample code. I was not able to do the same on the Openvidu’s inbuilt angular component as no provided configuration seem to have any effect. Can you please also help in letting us know how to set the frame rate in the openvidu anguar component.

A quick help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

The behavior you are describing is very strange.

Maybe you have a limited bandwidth and the browser is reducing the resolution.

Take a look to webrtc-internals page to see bandwidth used in the webrtc connections.

Regards

Thanks for a quick reply!!

We have sufficiently high internet bandwidth (200 mbps). We observe that when the person joins a room or is static, the is ok, but when the person moves, the image gets completely blurred. We also observed in the console logs that the default frame rate in the new connection is -1.

Can you please suggest how we can mention the default frame rate as we keep on zeroing into the frame rate issue. Else, can you please suggest what we shall we looking at?

Thanks, much!!