Tuning for high quality

Hi all!

We sometimes expirience quality issues in our calls. We deployed openVidu 2.15 on our own server as described in the documentation.

What possibilities do exist to tune the server, the connection parameters or like VIDEO_MAX_RECV_BANDWIDTH, VIDEO_MIN_RECV_BANDWIDTH, etc. or anything else to achieve maximum quality. In general we do not want to tune the server for maximum concurrent connections/streams but for only few streams but with the highest possible quality? Are there any recommendations for such a scenario?

Thanks a lot!

The only parameters you can tune are VIDEO_MAX_RECV_BANDWIDTH, VIDEO_MIN_RECV_BANDWIDTH from the OpenVidu perspective.

But you can tweak the native browser API to send the max bandwidth from the beginning and things like that. Take a look to PeerConnection API.

Regards

Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the PeerConnection API.

We already set these parameters to 0. Is this a good idea or should we set some value for VIDEO_MIN_RECV_BANDWIDTH?

0 means unlimited, but you can check with a huge value just in case there is some bug somewhere :wink:

Do you suggest to set 0 (or a huge value :wink: for both VIDEO_MAX_RECV_BANDWIDTH and VIDEO_MIN_RECV_BANDWIDTH? Or should we use a decent value for MIN?

We are using the openvidu-browser API in a custom Angular webapp. After connecting to the session and publishing the webcam stream I can do

publisher.stream.getRTCPeerConnection()

to get access to the native peer connection. I guess I now have to manipulate the SDP? Is this the way to go or are there any easier approaches to tell the browser to use the maximum bandwidth?

Thanks again Micael!