Dear Micael,

Please help us with these questions it would a great help if you can do so:

I have 4 questions to ask

1. We have already created a openvidu server using following configuration
    “maxRecvBandwidth”: 1000
    “minRecvBandwidth”: 300
    “maxSendBandwidth”: 1000
    “minSendBandwidth”: 300
    However, we are able to connect up to 3 persons at one video call and noticed a poor performance. Now we have changed the configuration with following configuration
    “maxRecvBandwidth”: 300
    “minRecvBandwidth”: 100
    “maxSendBandwidth”: 300
    “minSendBandwidth”: 100
    Now we were able to connect more than 5 persons and noticed improvement in the performance. Can you please explain what is the difference between above configuration and why there was an issue with connectivity?

2. We have the following AWS Instance configuration
    CPU - 2Core
    RAM - 8GB
    How to create multiple “open vid” sessions?
    Is the above configuration enough to create multiple “openvidu” sessions parally? If not, what are all the system requirements for creating multiple sessions?

3. How to identify the “role” ?
    Ex: if I’m hosting the session, how the users will know that I will be the admin and also how can I view the “role” of participants?

4. We observed that when we use this meeting application on a mobile device using a web browser. The device get’s overheating. Is there any specific reason?

Any advice or assistance on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @Ramesh_Babu_E,

In the future, please ask every question in a separate entry.

Regarding to question 1:

WebRTC provides mechanisms to adapt bandwidth depending on network quality. But these mechanisms can work better in certain scenarios. If you limit the max bandwidth for every stream it, it is possible you can obtain better results.

Regarding to question 2:

I recommend you at least a 4 CPU machine. With this hardware, you can have the following simultaneous sessions depending on the number of participants:

Session participants Concurrent sessions
2 70
3 32
4 19
5 12
6 9
7 7
20 1

Regarding to question 3:

Your app can be anything you want. You have to implement roles management on it.

Regarding to question 4:

Depending on device you use, video encoding and decoding can be performed using software and processor can be a bit hot.

Regards