Session getting crash when users count is reached 22

Hi Team

Is there any limit to number of users. When we testing the open source version open vidu 2.14. after the user account is reaching 22 session getting closed automatically.

We get the same issue when 12 core server uses 22 2 and 52 core server uses of same 22 it allows.

There is no limit in open source version.

Can you share with us the OpenVidu server logs and browser console when session is closed? Also Kurento logs.

Can you share with us CPU profile?

Regards

HI Micael,

Thanks for the reply we are unable to found the old logs when we trying with the Pro version also we are getting same issue. but here user count is 15. and we have one open vidu server 16 VCPU and 32 GB RAM, and Media node is 52 Core server, Please download Logs from the Attached URLs.

https://pipassport.com/d/pipassport.com/k1lugQ/YWDPY23AYA0V

https://pipassport.com/d/pipassport.com/k1lugQ/WBKZDH4AYA0V

Media node CPU type is

model name : Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8170 CPU @ 2.10GHz
stepping : 4
microcode : 0x2006906
cpu MHz : 1290.843
cache size : 36608 KB

Hi @Praveen_K,

We’re working on fix this issue right now.
We’ll fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your report.

Regards

Hi again @Praveen_K,

We found that the problem is usually in the browsers. A browser is not capable to play more than 15-20 videos at the same time if the web page has a complex layout. With a very simple layout, we manage to handle up to 26:

If you want to add more videos at the same time, you can reduce resolution and fps.

Regards

Hi Micael,

All 22 users have turned off video components, still session timed out. Is it issue with browsers even if video is turned off

It depends how are you implementing “turned off videos”.

If video is received and the video is in the DOM (but not visible) the browser load will be bigger than if webrtc is not negotiated at all.

Can you please describe how are you managing your videos?

Sorry, but can a browser or a bad client connnection crash the OpenVidu server? That’s new for me.

I mean, if I have +50 clients and a few of them has a bad performance (computer, connection, or anything), can they crash the entire session? depends it on the OpenVidu server version?

We have tested using the default app that comes with openvidu Installation 2.14.

Can you provide us any scripts where the video load and fps is taken care of so that we will once again carry out the testing

hey @micael.gallego sorry interrupt you
I want to know in one session 2 to many (let 500) relations is it possible?
I always confuse openvidu high number performance . is it possible apply aws farget and ECS in new openvidu server 2.14.0 easily how its performance in this scenario .

Bye the way @Praveen_K you are openvidu call which i think control on DOM end.
But Openvidu Developer Gudie you More .