Unable to connect to server

I’m trying to develop an ASP.NET application that should use OpenVidu to stream video from IP-cameras. The application should be hosted on premise with the IP cameras in the same LAN. When I try to connect to the REST API of the Docker development container (openvidu/openvidu-server-kms:latest) I get the error “The SSL connection could not be established. The remote certificate is invalid because of errors in the certificate chain.”. I guess this is because the develoment container uses a self signed certificate. Is it possible to change this certificate to a different certificate that is approved by the .NET runtime?
If this is not possible, I guess we should go for the on premise deployment also during development. I have tried to follow the on premise instructions, installing OpenVidu on WSL2 on a Windows machine. The containers start, but then I’m not able to connect to the server. I added a password and DOMAIN_OR_PUBLIC_IP=127.0.0.1 to the .env file. I then started openvidu as root. On the Windows host I use Chrome to navigate to https://127.0.0.1/ but then I only get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. I also tried http :// 127.0.0.1:5443 and 5442 that should be available behind the proxy, but got the same error.

How can I access the OpenVidu server during development, and how can I deploy the solution in a LAN without registering a domain?

You can do two different things:

1. Simply configure your development environment to ignore certificate errors when consuming openvidu-server-kms REST API.
  2. Override this environment variables to whatever you want when launching openvidu-server-kms container:
server.ssl.key-store=classpath:path-to-your-certificate.p12
server.ssl.key-store-password=********

Thanks for your quick reply! I’ll try the development solution with a different certificate then.
Do you have any answer for the deployment trouble? Why is the connection refused when connecting to either Nginx at port 443 or OpenVidu at port 5443?