Issue with certificate

Hello guys.

I have implemented your application but everytime I try to start a video call, I get an invalid certificate and I need to manually open a new browser tab with the address where the dockerized OpenVidu app is in, accept the certificate and then I have access to the video application. Is there a way to avoid all those “open new tab, accept the certificate and go back” steps?

Thank you in advance.

you are using local server or aws server?

I am using a local server. I have implemented it for an university project and need it to work properly or at least to have an excuse when I open a new tab to accept the certificate from it :smiley:

Btw: docker run -p 4443:4443 --rm -e OPENVIDU_SECRET=MY_SECRET openvidu/openvidu-server-kms:2.15.0 this is how I run it in Docker if it makes difference

Also I seem to get some weird noises like a microphone recursion when using with laptop built speakers and microphone, I do not have those sounds when I use it with headphones + microphone. What could the reason for that be? Thank you.

This is normal in development. When you’re using a deployed OpenVidu instance with a valid certificate you don’t need to do that.

You can say to your teacher that: “As I’m not running openvidu in a server with a domain configured and I’m using it locally, I need to use a selfsigned certificate to make it work”

Also you can try to deploy your server following our instructions:

In this way you can use a valid certificate in your own domain :slight_smile: , but you need to configure it!

1 Like

Thank you, I have got one more question. Can I test it on windows with 2 different browsers? Windows seems to block the camera for the second application when I am trying to access it.

yes you can do bro but if both tab mic on then its create echo.
Regards ’
Vipin

1 Like

Do I need to download a virtual camera to test it with two different browsers or how do I do it on Windows?

nothing just join from two tab one normal tab and private
regards
Vipin

1 Like

If you try to access the same hardware resource from two different processes, the second one won’t be able to do so. This applies to Windows and to any other OS. But usually the same browser is able to access the same resource multiple times in different tabs. So: you can access the same camera from different tabs all from Chrome (or different tabs, all from Firefox), but you won’t be able to access the same camera once from a Chrome tab and once from a Firefox tab.

1 Like