Single Elasticsearch across multiple Openvidu Cluster

I have multiple Openvidu cluster running with their own Elastic and Kibana hence multiple Inspector and Kibana Panel to monitor the ongoing sessions and multiple panel to get the insights.

Here are few points which i am thinking to implement so that same set of data should be available in Inspector/Kibana dashboard irrespective of Clusters.

• Can i install a centralised Elasticsearch(outside the Openvidu) and configure/use the same Elasticsearch across all available Openvidu clusters?
  • Will i get same/clubbed data set irrespective of which Cluster’s Inspector or Kibana panel i am using? For e.g. Let’s say there are 2 sessions running. 1 is on Cluster-1 and 2’nd is on Cluster-2. If i use the inspector panel of Cluster-2, will i be getting both sessions listing/history over there?
  • Any conflict case if use the centralised Elasticsearch? How the Kibana’s Cluster and Session Dashboard will behave, will i get the combined report or any issue/conflict will be there?
  • Any performance issue in Openvidu if i use a centralised Elasticsearch, as there will be hundreds of sessions and thousands of users will be on daily basis and ELASTICSAERCH_MAX_DAYS_DELETE policy is 60 days.

Hello Openvidu Community, any input or suggestions?

Hi @rohit.roy,
The actual 2.15.0 version can’t have an external Elastic Stack because beats services are configured to send metrics and logs to the IP where OpenVidu Pro is located.

We’re actually working to externalize Elasticsearch and Kibana correctly in the next version 2.16.0. You will be able to connect different clusters to the same ELK deployment ;), I would wait for the next version.

You will be able to:

• Enable ELK Basic Auth Security
  • Receive metrics from diferent clusters
  • Use Managed ELK services as Amazon ElasticSearch Service and Elastic Cloud.

Regards,
Carlos

Thanks @cruizba will wait for 2.16.0