Reconnection Error

I am trying to use OpenVidu in my local and I have used OpenVidu docker image 2.25.0
and I am getting a “Oops Trying to reconnect to the session…” error in frontend and browser console tab in developer tools prints Reconnection error.

I have checked OpenVidu Server log and there is no error message

Let me know if there is a fix for this.

Have you visited http://localhost:4443/ and have you accepted the certificate?

Yes , I have accepted the certificate.

is this issue got resolved? We are facing same issue.

To solve this kind of problems we need more information.

1. What edition of OpenVidu are you using? CE, PRO or ENTERPRISE?
  2. Is it happening in a dev environment or in a prod environment?
  3. If it is a prod deployment, what kind of deployment do you have?

Regards

We are using Openvidu CE.
Issue is coming in Dev as well as Prod Environemnet.
Actually Openvidu is in Intranet with the IP - 192.168.13.197. The system where openvidu is installed does not have internet.
Customer is outside intranet and when we try to start call, wss connection gets failed.
As per my understanding this issue is coming due to unreachability of this IP “192.168.13.197”.
We are using Apache as web server and redirectly calls to openvidu from this web server. Redirection is working file for http calls but not working for wss call.

Please help to resolve this.

Please help to resolve it

The current IP configuration, set as DOMAIN_OR_PUBLIC_IP that you have, only users within your intranet are able to access OpenVidu. Users outside the network will be unable to connect, even if a Public IP is used.

To address this, consider the following two options:

Option 1: (Easiest)
Create a VPN, allowing users outside your network to connect to your network via the VPN.

Option 2:
Deploy OpenVidu with DOMAIN_OR_PUBLIC_IP using a domain that is accessible both from the intranet and the public.

For this second option, you’ll need to associate the domain name in your internal network with the private IP, enabling users to connect to your Apache server via its 192.168.13.197. Additionally, configure a public domain name identical to the private one, pointing it to the public IP of your Apache server. Your Apache server should proxy based on that domain to OpenVidu Server.

One potential issue you might encounter is related to WebRTC connectivity. Depending on your Apache Server configuration, it may not be set up to proxy the TURN protocol, which is exposed at port 3478 of the OpenVidu Server.

Also, you might need to configure your Apache Server to proxy at the transport level (layer 4). For example, here’s a case of Coturn and an API operating behind a Nginx server with two domains, one for the API and another for TURN: Run coTurn behind Nginx - DEV Community

In summary, for option 2 you need:

1. A domain name, openvidu.example.io, which resolves to your Apache server 192.168.13.197 within your network and from the public internet.
  2. Another domain name coturn.example.io which resolves to your Apache server 192.168.13.197 in your internal network and to the public IP of your Apache Server from the public internet.
  3. Adapt the nginx config of this tutorial and apply it to your apache server: Run coTurn behind Nginx - DEV Community
  4. Add an environment variable to allow clients to reach Coturn through its domain:
    OPENVIDU_WEBRTC_ICE_SERVERS=["url=turns:coturn.example.io:443,staticAuthSecret=<TURN_STATIC_AUTH_SECRET>"]

You can find the TURN_STATIC_AUTH_SECRET at /opt/openvidu/coturn/shared-secret-key.

Please note that even with these configurations, I cannot guarantee success, as I have not tested this particular setup. However, this is a good starting point for troubleshooting.