Microsoft Edge not supported in 2.16?

Hi, we recently updated to server 2.16 from 2.15, and got the following error message

Browser Microsoft Edge (version 86.0.622.68) for Windows is not supported in OpenVidu

Has support for Edge been removed in 2.16?

1 Like

Yeah same problem here, but Edge works in 2.16.0-beta2, maybe a bug on the 2.16 release?

1 Like

Tested with the demo client at

openvidu-js

Upon looking at the console, the same error appears. So this is not specific to our application.

It seems a bug in release.

We are working on it.

Thanks for reporting.

2 Likes

Sounds good, will the fix be in a 2.16.1 version or will the 2.16.0 release be updated?

The fix will be available in a new version to be released shortly.

1 Like

Is there a workaround for this in the meantime?

We will publish a 2.16.1 fix today

openvidu-browser 2.16.1 is now published in NPM: https://www.npmjs.com/package/openvidu-browser/v/2.16.1
Give it a try to see if the Edge fix is working fine.

3 Likes

Thank you, it works now :grin:

1 Like

Hi again, sorry for not testing earlier, but it seems like there is still a problem on edge for android. This also worked before.
This is the error message that pops up now on edge for android:

“Browser Microsoft Edge (version 45.10.4.5088) for Android is not supported in OpenVidu”

EDIT: added error message

Let me try this and I will come back with an answer

Hi,

Commit https://github.com/OpenVidu/openvidu/commit/e7a1d4228fa5007f7a9a88b0ba692f9908c1dd9c fixes this issue. Available on master branch, will be included in relase 2.17.0, coming soon.

Thanks for the update, is there any estimated time for the 2.17? We have customers depending on this version.

Will be performed very soon. There’re not many more tasks to be completed.

1 Like

Any updates on 2.17 availability?

Would it be possible to just make a hotfix to 2.16 for edge on android? I would feel better if there still was support for edge on android before I update my webpage.

You can try the already deployed version of openvidu-browser 2.17.0-beta1