If a user mutes their video during a meeting, any users who join the meeting afterwards cannot hear the audio of the first user

Hi team,

I am experiencing an issue with Openvidu call where a user joining a session and muting their video prevents other users who join after them from hearing their audio.

Here’s the scenario: User A joins a meeting room and mutes his video. User B then joins the same meeting room but cannot hear User A’s audio. However, when User A unmutes his video, User B can hear user A’s audio without any issues. This issue occurs only the first time when a new user joins a meeting room when User A has his video muted.

I am using Openvidu call(2.26.0). I have also tested this issue with various versions of Openvidu and encountered the same problem. I am reaching out to you all for any solutions or fixes you may have to resolve this issue. Could you please provide any guidance or known solutions to fix this issue? Additionally, please let me know if you require any additional information to assist with this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Hi,

Same as this topic
This bug fix will be released on v2.27.0

Thank you

Expected release date of v2.27.0 ?

At some point during the next couple of weeks.