Can't hear nor see participants

I’m using Getaroom example, everything looks fine. I can initiate a room (session), see and hear myself. But when I share the link, the participants can see me and hear me but I can’t see them nor hear them.

Note: I didn’t change anything in the code. I’m running a fresh git clone.

Any idea what went wrong?

Thank you!

1 Like

Have you deployed OpenVidu with COTURN server?

Yes, I followed this guide to the letter and opened all the TCP and UDP ports, set SSL certificate and everything mentioned in the guide.

Thank you!

Have you tested with different people? With all the behavior is the same? Have you tested other device in your network (smart phone or other computer)?

Yes I did. I shared my domain name with with 4 different people (4 laptops and 3 smart phones). Same result: Sometimes two people can see each other but can’t hear each other nor see or hear others and sometimes they only see themselves and nothing else. The video element gets smaller when someone joins, which means the DOM has been updated successfully and the browser console confirms that X person have joined.

I even tried other demos but I get the same behavior.

Where do you have deployed your server? AWS? Physical machine?

It is very strange.

Can you open https://server:4443/ and execute the test? Please share with us the log appearing on it.

I have it deployed on my dedicated server.

Here’s the log:

KMS event [IceGatheringDone] -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | timestamp: 1585965656309

KMS event [IceComponentStateChange]: -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | state: CONNECTING | componentId: 1 | streamId: 1 | timestamp: 1585965656310

KMS event [IceComponentStateChange]: -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | state: CONNECTED | componentId: 1 | streamId: 1 | timestamp: 1585965657337

KMS event [NewCandidatePairSelected]: -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | local: candidate:7 1 UDP 2013266429 54.39.70.89 37583 typ host | remote: candidate:2776936407 1 UDP 1685987071 41.140.154.178 17251 typ srflx raddr 192.168.1.112 rport 60854 | timestamp: 1585965657337

KMS event [ConnectionStateChanged]: -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | oldState: DISCONNECTED | newState: CONNECTED | timestamp: 1585965659625

KMS event [MediaFlowOutStateChange] -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | state: FLOWING | pad: default | mediaType: VIDEO | timestamp: 1585965659669

KMS event [MediaFlowOutStateChange] -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | state: FLOWING | pad: default | mediaType: AUDIO | timestamp: 1585965659680

KMS event [MediaTranscodingStateChange]: -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | state: NOT_TRANSCODING | mediaType: AUDIO | binName: kmsagnosticbin2-57 | timestamp: 1585965659681

KMS event [MediaFlowInStateChange] -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | state: FLOWING | pad: default | mediaType: AUDIO | timestamp: 1585965659687

KMS event [MediaStateChangedEvent]: -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | oldState: DISCONNECTED | newState: CONNECTED | timestamp: 1585965660129

KMS event [MediaTranscodingStateChange]: -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | state: NOT_TRANSCODING | mediaType: VIDEO | binName: kmsagnosticbin2-56 | timestamp: 1585965660980

KMS event [MediaFlowInStateChange] -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | state: FLOWING | pad: default | mediaType: VIDEO | timestamp: 1585965661000

KMS event [IceComponentStateChange]: -> endpoint: str_CAM_Lk7d_con_Oh5v1Daj1I (publisher) | state: READY | componentId: 1 | streamId: 1 | timestamp: 1585965684002

Thank you for taking the time to review this

As I can see, it is working for you. So you are able to connect to your server and send/receive media.

Can you send a private mail to openvidu@gmail.com with credentials of your deployment (OpenVidu.secret) so we can perform a test ourselves?

Yes sure, I’d love that.

Thank you

By the way, how can I run OpenVidu server on the background?

I have encountered the same issue. I don’t see or here any of the participants joined in a same room or session. What is the solution?

Please @Shirsha_Ghosh describe how you have deployed OpenVidu. Which devices you connect to the same room. Describe if problems occurs always or from time to time.

Thanks for the response. I deployed as mentioned in documentation(Deploying OpenVidu on Ubuntu) and openvidu-js-node.
Many times the KMS server crashes and when the KMS server doesn’t crash and we try to test from multiple device, all devices get connected but each device only render it’s camera feed, we do not see any other device’s name or feed.

Hello @Shirsha_Ghosh,

We have fixed some bugs in KMS code in the last days. We have created a new docker image with those fixes.

Can you please install OpenVidu Platform following this procedure and let us know if crashes have been solved?

Please can you describe what clients are you using? Chrome browser? Safari in iOS? Android browser? And how many users you connect the the same session to experience the issues?

Clients are: Chrome in both PC and Android devices

And I will test and will give you the feedback. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late response. I encountered the below error in my console, was trying to join in a room.
webSocketWithReconnection.js:101 WebSocket connection to 'wss://localhost:4443/openvidu' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Client: Chrome/Firefox in PC, Chrome/Firefox/Opera in Android

Then OpenVidu is not correctly deployed in localhost:4443.

Please describe step by step how you have deployed OpenVidu Platform. What operating system are you using and where your browsers are located.

Hi @micael.gallego. I have recently deployed Openvidu in our AWS environment. When I was calling my coworker via my device to her computer, She was not able to answer my call. No issues from device to device. She was logged in on Chrome. I am using KYOCERA. Could you please clarify if there is any solution? Thank you

What you mean by “KYOCERA”?

Whay you mean by “no issues from device to device”?

@micael.gallego kyocera is phone device. In our infrastructure Openvidu integrated with webApp application and we call over that app. When I call from phone to phone no problem everything works fine. But when I call from phone to computer it doesnt work. Client is not able to answer the call.