Simultaneous conferences

how many conferences rooms with 2 users. OpenVidu can have?

In case I need more than limite conferences Is there a AWS scalability solution for this?

In a 4 CPU machine you can have 70 simultaneous sessions with 2 participants (without recording). As CPU is growing linearly with the number of sessions, you can extrapolate values for 8 or 16 CPU machines.

If you need more machines, then OpenVidu PRO provides you scalabiliy allowing multiple media nodes connected to the same master node.

1 Like

Thx for your explanation. May I ask you how is going same scenario but using recording?

With INDIVIDUAL recording you can get 60 simultaneous sessions of 2 participants.

With COMPOSED recording you can get only 1 session of 2 participants.

@micael.gallego only one sessions .Thats very low . Have you made any document for loadtest results’

We are working on performance tests right now… we expect to have results in a few weeks.

In any case, you can test yourself. Just deploy OpenVidu and start using it with several users.

ok can you tell master node of openvidu is not scalable

Master node can scale only vertically (using a more powerful machine). We are working on horizontal scaling of the master node, but it is not ready right now.

Regards

Autoscale or we have to do change its and restarting it

You have to change and restart it.

@micael.gallego great to hear that you are working on one of the most common and biggest challenges which we all are facing currently i.e. Horizontal scaling and auto scaling of Pro Master and Media node.
You have already released first version of auto scaling of Media node (V 15.0) and continuously improving it by adding more parameters like configuring specific expected loads for each Session(currently it’s only based on CPU utilisation).

When we should expect the first horizontal scaling release of Pro Master?

We are working right now in providing improved quality (using simulcast and VP9) and reduced CPU consumption. This is possible allowing to use the amazing mediasoup as the media server working together with Kurento.

We expect to have OpenVidu Pro Server (Master) in high availability and scalable at the end of the year.

Regards

Ok Thanks @micael.gallego