Rendering issue with Android 9 and Ionic

Hello OpenVidu Team,

I’ve started an ionic project using Angular and I’ve added the Android platform using Capacitor. I’m using a Samsung S8 running Android 9 (Security patch level 1 September 2020).

My scenario is as follows. If I do a fresh install via Android Studio and run the app, I can create a session and I can see myself on the screen.

If I then close the app and re-open, then create a session, but video freezes and I get a console error:

19595-19595/io.ionic.starter E/chromium: [ERROR:web_contents_delegate.cc(224)] WebContentsDelegate::CheckMediaAccessPermission: Not supported.

I can confirm that permissions have been requested and granted (the first time the app runs). I can also confirm that the stream does indeed get published and I can see the device’s camera input on a second participant’s screen. I can also confirm that the issue is 100% reproducible if I try to create the session multiple times - and I can confirm that I can’t see the issue on an S10+ running Android 10 in similar circumstances.

I’ve run the sample openvidu-ionic from the repo openvidu-tutorials and I was able to reproduce the issue.

Can you please advise?

Regards,
Ioan

1 Like

In ionic we use WebRTC provided in the webview. Nothing special.

Have you tested with Cordova?

Hi Micael,

Thanks for the reply. That’s interesting. I will test with cordova - thanks!

Regards,
Ioan