Nginx server conflict when install openvidu server 2.15.0

I’m installing openvidu server 2.15.0 in my server. There is already a nginx server running on the server. so I change the https_port to 4443, then start openvidu. See from the startup log, it seems successful started up, but there is no 4443 port listening.

Propably this nginx server you have is using other ports that OpenVidu nginx use too. These conflicts makes the nginx container not to run. It is highly recommended in our documentation that you don’t have any other nginx or apache server running in the same machine as OpenVidu, because OpenVidu in general with the media server, use a lot of ports, and it is not convenient to run it with other services.

@cruizba
This problem is seen many times. I suggest openvidu team make nginx configuration file exteneralize so everyone can see and change it as per requirements.
For this you have to mount a folder to docker inside folder.
Or something else because most of Case people want you use there apps on same server in which openvidu server running
Thanks

1 Like

That could be a good idea. Problems comes when people tries to do installations in many different ways instead of using the the ones explained in documentation.
I’m not trying to say that’s wrong. It’s completely normal due to some restrictions and requirement in different projects, but we try to give support to our official deployment instructions. Maybe we can update the doc saying how to change openvidu nginx using docker volumes… What do you think @micael.gallego?

Yes people don’t follow instructions for this we can’t help everyone because most people don’t think about their faults instead they say openvidu buggy.
but this will decrease the rate of this type problem like two proxy server on One instance .
Thanks

The Recordings are not saving . deployed on AWS. all settings enabled.

can any expert there who can help?

Yes what is your version of openvidu

Deployed on AWS>

Enable the video recording option in .env file. restarts the server

But recordings not saving.

No Support from openvidu. really frustrated now.

They make a software but without lack of support team its really difficult. no body to provide support.

Really disappointed. and what a documentation they created nothing neat and clear.

@vipin_mishra : Possible to connect via teams ,skype or vidu?? need urgent help

Please provide your valuable time

don’t worry i will help what i can
thanks

Thanks @vipin_mishra

Looking forward help from your end

Rohit