Improvement plan for concurrent users?

Hi

I am a Korean education company developer using openvidu pro.

to the openvidu representative

There is a problem with the project.

100 users are trying to connect to 1 session.

By the way

Now about 25 people are connected, the media server CPU is 100% full and everything has stopped functioning.

The specifications of the openvidu server are as follows:

Openvidu server

• aws Ec2 instance c5.2xlarge

Media server

• aws Ec2 instance c5.2xlarge

Is there any other solution besides increasing the specs?

Your solution can make our project a success.

Best regards

hi
is it your all user connected as publisher or just subscriber

Hello vipin,

We have the same issue, as you asked all are connected as publishers only but we can manage 40 participants without any effect in the session.

hi
The number of people connected is as follows.

-19 publishers (users with devices) and
6 subscribers who only subscribe (users without device)

What version are you using? 2.17.0 may improve the performance a bit because we’re forcing the codec in all browsers to avoid performance issues on the Media Node when browser codecs don’t match. Some things that may improve performance:

1. Reduce the framerate or the resolution while publishing:
  1. Use 2.17.0 version which force the same codec to be used in all browsers by default. In this way transcoding will not happen. You can check more about force codecs here, in the parameter OPENVIDU_STREAMS_FORCED_VIDEO_CODEC. By default is forcing VP8, but you can also select H264 if prefered.

2. You can also “play around the limitation” to reduce the CPU. For example you can decrease the CPU load of KMS by letting the teacher be the unique person who can publish to the classroom and the students subscribe to them. If a student wants to talk or something you can delegate to the teacher the responsibility to to let other students to publish when the teacher want this student to talk. In this way you can reduce the number of publishers and subscribers in the same session.

1 Like

Thanks

Would it be okay to apply the solution you gave me and contact me again?

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Do you mean that you will try my suggestions and contact me here? If so, of course you’re free to report things here.

Regards,
Carlos

1 Like

Yes

I solved it as you said.

Thank you