How to use OpenVidu with .NET Core

Hi, I am building an application that have chat/audio/video support. I want to use OpenVidu as a server for this. The application is a Blazor application written in C# .NET Core 7.

I want to know if there is a library I can use or an example code I can use to connect to OpenVidu server and to be abble to do conferencing with other participants?

Thanks

Hi,

Please, first carefully read this introduction to OpenVidu and how it fits in your application: Developing your video app - OpenVidu Docs. Your .NET code would be Your server application in the description of a typical OpenVidu application architecture.

Then, you can check out the .NET tutorial: Application server - OpenVidu Docs

This basic tutorial is just an easy template to use as a backend for your OpenVidu application. You can adapt it to your needs.

Thanks for fast response.
I am trying to build a client application in .NET. concretely it is a MAUI Blazor application. The application will be running on a mobile device (android, ios). Do I need to use openvidu-browser.js or is there a .Net client available?

Thanks

Oh, I thought you were only refering to your application’s server-side.

If you want to use MAUI to build a mobile app that has real time media, you must first check that MAUI supports WebRTC… Which I don’t think it does: WebRTC + MAUI · Issue #3394 · dotnet/maui · GitHub

Here you have a list of the official client technologies supported by OpenVidu: Intro - OpenVidu Docs

Anyone can integrate OpenVidu in other existing client platforms if that platform supports a modern version of WebRTC and they properly implement OpenVidu RPC protocol. An example of this would be this unofficial Flutter application.