Video call not working

Hello,

Does the public ip address of the openvidu server have to be the same as the domain name ip address that I have configured in order for the video call process to be successful?

There is no double-sided image. In such cases, I ping the domain name address and enter the ip address I have received by manually changing it in the coturn ip automatic section. This time it didn’t work.
Does the server public ip address have to be the same as the domain name ip address?

Yes.

The domain name configured at DOMAIN_OR_PUBLIC_IP should be the same domain used by the clients (Browsers or native apps).

Was that your question?

Should the domain name ip address be the same as the openvidu server coturn ip installed on the ubuntu server?

What do you mean by “the same”.

What I can do is to give you some affirmations:

• DOMAIN_OR_PUBLIC_IP should point to a Public IP. (Or an IP reachable by browsers/clients)
  • COTURN_IP should be the same public IP pointed by DOMAIN_OR_PUBLIC_IP (or an IP reachable by browsers/clients).

These affirmations are valid for:

• OpenVidu CE
  • OpenVidu PRO and ENTERPISE with OPENVIDU_PRO_COTURN_IN_MEDIA_NODES=false

Sample; The customer publicly serves the media server and has received the address media.akyatirim.com.tr to be used for access, and the ip address of this domain name is 152.89.65.75.
I installed the media server on ubuntu and assume coturn ip 222.15.68.78. I entered media.akyatirim.com in the .env file in the configuration. However, domain name ip address and coturn ip are different from each other in this case.
In this case, will there be a problem with the video call?
Should I ask the client to match the public ip address with the coturn ip?
I had such a problem before, because the customer’s public address and coturn ip were different, access was not provided.

By the way, I would like to share with you a problem I had today.
No problem with video calling from outside. But there is access in the internal network, but I can’t get a picture.
The following ports are open from a server with IIS Server installed to the media server server. I’m having a problem with the internal network. Why do you think it might?
3478-Clients Media Server Access
2083-Clients Media Server Access
443-Backend Access

I share with you an image from the topology.

Sorry. I can’t help you with internal network use case problems… What I can suggest is, if your clients may access the same STUN/TURN server with multiple IPs, you can do this (But you need version 2.22.0 or greater):

Configure multiple ICE Servers:

1. Get the shared secret of COTURN in /opt/openvidu/coturn/shared-secret-key (This is used to create temporal stateless TURN credentials):
cat /opt/openvidu/coturn/shared-secret-key | grep 'COTURN_SHARED_SECRET_KEY=' | cut -d'=' -f2
  1. Configure multiple WebRTC Ice Servers using this property:
OPENVIDU_WEBRTC_ICE_SERVERS=["url=turns:<PUBLIC_IP_1>:3478,staticAuthSecret=<TURN_STATIC_AUTH_SECRET>", "url=turns:<PUBLIC_IP_2>:3478,staticAuthSecret=<TURN_STATIC_AUTH_SECRET>"]
  • Where PUBLIC_IP_1 and PUBLIC_IP_2 are IPs reachig browsers. One IP at least should be reachable. (Depending on the network one or the orher should work).
  • Where TURN_STATIC_AUTH_SECRET is the secret obtained in step 1.

You can also configure it programatically or configure your own Coturn and configure it in your app. More info about that here

BTW, port 2083 is not related with OpenVidu AFAIK

1 Like