Video Call Issues: Lagging and Long Joining Times

We are currently using Openvidu version 2.27 for video calls, but we are experiencing issues with lagging and freezing of the video feed. This is causing a lot of frustration and inconvenience for us and our users. In addition, we are also facing long wait times when trying to join a conference. Could you please help us address these problems?

In principle that sounds like a problem related to CPU overload or bandwidth of your servers. Have you tried monitoring them at the times when problems appear?

we use a server with good config I think its not related to the CPU or the bandwidth

Hello @aminmalek,

What OpenVidu edition are you using, how did you install OpenVidu and what ports do you have opened?

Take into account that depending on your cloud provider it could be some bandwidth limitations.

I use OpenVidu CE eddition, I deployed it on server with docker and port 4443 with nginx and ubuntu 20.04

Did you used official instructions from here? What ports do you have opened?

That “long wait times when trying to join a conference.” makes me think that maybe your OpenVidu CE installation is having some problems to establish ICE connections, so maybe ports configuration or Coturn server is not running properly.

Make sure of:

1. Your machine has a public IP.
  2. Ports 3478 TCP/UDP and a 40000-65535 UDP are publicly opened for media connections.

If all of this accomplish to you, check in your cloud provider what network requirements they have and see if maybe you are reaching bandwidth limits.

Regards.

How can I identify and resolve issues with ICE connections? Is there a way to test and debug the connection?
I ran sudo netstat -lnu | grep -E ':(40000|65535)\b', but it didn’t show anything. What else can I do?"
Im based in Iran, does it effect this issue?