OpenVidu video call integration in iOS native application

Hi I am an iOS developer but new to ionic projects so was wondering how can I integrate OpenVidu video call ionic project into an existing iOS project.Basically I am already having an iOS project developed in objectiveC and swift so need suggestion if I could integrate this In my existing project

Hello @Akshay_Kolkar,

We have archived an iOS native app using OpenVidu https://github.com/OpenVidu/openvidu-ios-app

This application has several bugs, it is in our roadmap to fix bugs, but without any due date.

Hybrid (ionic in this case) and native apps work in a different way. I don’t know how to transpile a generated app build with ionic to a native code but I think that it could be a madness.

OpenVidu doesn’t have much to do here. You can google it or search in Ionic Forum or you can try to fix the bugs of our archived iOS app.

PR are very wellcome.

Thank you

Thanks @CSantosM but can we use the Cordova plugins that has been used for this ionic project in my native application, would this be the right way to go forward.

In my opinion, it’s not a good idea but if you feel strong and capable to do that. Go ahead.

Greetings

Hi @CSantosM thanks for your response and I would like to tell that cordova plugins approach worked for me on existing iOS app.

Glad to hear that.

PR are welcomed :grimacing:

@Akshay_Kolkar can you describe how you did it? It can be very useful for other users.

Regards