OpenVidu Pro - Restarting Since 2.14.0 > 2.15.x Update

We have noticed that OpenVidu has been restarting. This was noticed as our media server provisioning was manual and there would be no media servers. We resolved the no media server issue by adding the static KMS URIs into the config.

Now we have the issue with the restart being during active sessions:

{“webrtcConnectionDestroyed”:{“sessionId”:“ses_AbBmBVbe66”,“timestamp”:1594658066858,“startTime”:1594655730644,“duration”:2336,“reason”:“openviduServerStopped”,“streamId”:“str_CAM_WCG1_con_DnuMezrJ61”,“participantId”:"con_UhmWqq>
{“webrtcConnectionDestroyed”:{“sessionId”:“ses_AbBmBVbe66”,“timestamp”:1594658066861,“startTime”:1594655729760,“duration”:2337,“reason”:“openviduServerStopped”,“streamId”:“str_CAM_YgLO_con_UhmWqq9e2J”,“participantId”:"con_DnuMez>
{“mediaNodeStatusChanged”:{“timestamp”:1594658082543,“id”:“kms_DR7fR2jp”,“environmentId”:null,“ip”:“medianode.ip”,“uri”:“ws://medianode.ip:8888/kurento”,“newStatus”:“launching”,“oldStatus”:null,“clusterId”:“clu_GR2tocCU”}}
{“mediaNodeStatusChanged”:{“timestamp”:1594658082614,“id”:“kms_DR7fR2jp”,“environmentId”:null,“ip”:“medianode.ip”,“uri”:“ws://medianode.ip:8888/kurento”,“newStatus”:“running”,“oldStatus”:“launching”,“clusterId”:"clu_GR2tocCU>
{“sessionCreated”:{“sessionId”:“ses_QXE87fjcz3”,“timestamp”:1594658139695}}

Please clarify if OpenVidu server has restarted or KMS has restarted?

Can you share the logs of those two services please and indicate when are supposed to be restarted?

I noticed that the media node was dropping out of the cluster yesterday and resolved it by adding the KMS URI. However, it seems as though the actual issue was the restart as I then got feedback of participants getting “kicked out” of sessions.

How would I find the logs indicating the restart? I was going by this found in the CDRs:

openviduServerStopped

John

Share OpenVidu server logs and please indicate us the hour where { openviduServerStopped } events have been recorded

Micael,

I sent them to you via email, I do not have time to sanitize them, sorry.

Any update on this issue? Same restart issue observed today.

Is there an issue in rolling back to 2.14 until this is resolved?

This looks like an exception that makes OpenVidu stop. The docker-compose.yml of openvidu-server is configured to restart always if stops. Do you have any information about the exception that happens before the restart?

Is there an issue in rolling back to 2.14 until this is resolved?

I don’t think there’s any problem doing that. The unique thing that could affect somehow is the version of Elasticsearch and Kibana. Backup elasticsearch data before the rollback to ensure that your data is safe before the rollback.

How would I find more details on the exception?

We did not have this issue until 2.14 > 2.15, still appears present in 2.15.1.

I could reinstall or roll back, what would you recommend?

Hi @jcdmacleod, it looks like it was an error related with the license right and you’re receiving support?

Just write a message confirming it to close the post and put it as “solution”.

Regards,
Carlos

I have been told it is related to Pro license reporting, but I think closing or stating that there is a solution is premature. Still no fix as yet and still broken.

I’ve send you a mail. It is fixed now. Please verify