ERROR: Invalid interpolation format for "caddy" option in service "services"

Hi OpenVidu Community,

I am following the guided installation steps for the on-premises single-node setup from the documentation here. However, I am encountering an error that prevents the installation from completing. The error message is as follows:

bash

Kodu kopyala

ERROR: Invalid interpolation format for "caddy" option in service "services": "${DOCKER_LOGS_MAX_SIZE:-200M}"

I have checked my environment variables and configuration files, but I am unable to resolve this issue. Could someone please assist me in understanding what might be causing this error and how to fix it?

Docker version 26.1.4, build 5650f9b
docker-compose version 1.25.0, build unknown
Ubuntu Linux 20.04.6

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello @burakcankolay ,

Your docker-compose version is too old! Try to update to the v2 version of docker-compose. The one installed by the installer right now is v2.27.2.

curl -L "https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/v2.27.2/docker-compose-$(uname -s)-$(uname -m)" -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

Thank you for your feedback. I will determine the minimum required version of Docker and Docker Compose and ensure that the installer fails if an unsupported version is installed.

1 Like

Thanks to the Docker Compose update, everything is now working like a charm!

2 Likes