Deploying openvidu classroom app on AWS

I am working on a senior project and it should be delivered soon but I am facing a problem with the deployment.

I have been trying to deploy the openvidu classroom app instead of the openvidu call app on AWS by following these tutorials:

1. OpenVidu Docs
  2. OpenVidu Docs

What I understood from these tutorials is to change the content of this file “docker-compose-override.yml” in the openvidu project by the content of this image: Screenshot 2021-04-08 111326

But the deployment keeps giving me the openvidu call instead of the openvidu classroom !!

So, could you please explain to me how to deploy openvidu classroom in clear steps ??

Thank you for your time and efforts & Regards

Deployment steps of the openvidu classroom app instead of the openvidu call app:

I’m just wondering if you “restart” the docker-compose, aren’t you?

1 Like

No, I didn’t.

How can I do it? And where is it in the tutorial?

Take a look here:

https://docs.openvidu.io/en/2.13.0/deployment/deploying-on-premises/#5-administration

1 Like

Thank you @Juangui & @micael.gallego for you support and your time

But I have restarted the docker compose but still the openvidu call shows in AWS instead of classroopm app.

So, let me describe every step that I have done so far maybe there is some thing wrong in the process:

1. I downloaded the openvidu project from the Github on my local machine
  2. I changed the image in the “docker-compose-override.yml” file to the one that is shown above.
  3. I accessed the docker compose directory that is saved locally and run the “install_openvidu.sh” file.
  4. I added the public IP and the secret in the “.env” file
  5. I entered “openvidu” file in the same directory and I restarted the docker compose by running this command “./openvidu restart”
  6. After that, I uploaded the “CF-OpenVidu.yaml.template” file that was saved locally to the AWS cloudformation stack.

The result is that the deployment happened for the server and the openvidu call app but not for the openvidu classroom app.

I would really appreciate you help and your time.

I would like to hear from you soon.

Regards

Why are you using the CF-OpenVidu.yaml.template? Where are you uploading this? It is not necessary to do anything like that.

I suppose that your stack is working, you’re just not updating correctly the application.

1. SSH into the instance of OpenVidu and enter as sudo. (you know sudo su…)
  2. Go to /opt/openvidu/
  3. Modify the file docker-compose.override.yml to have this:
openvidu-classroom:
        image: openvidu/openvidu-classroom:2.17.0
        restart: on-failure
        network_mode: host
        environment: 
            - SERVER_PORT=5442
            - OPENVIDU_URL=http://localhost:5443
            - OPENVIDU_SECRET=${OPENVIDU_SECRET:-}
  1. Stop all your containers. This command will stop every container running. Just in case the openvidu call container is not stopping because of some unknown reason:
docker rm -f $(docker ps -a -q)
  1. In /opt/openvidu execute:
./openvidu start
1 Like

Thank you for your time and support @cruizba @micael.gallego @Juangui

I have followed the same steps that @cruizba explained

but the following message was shown in the browser
Screenshot 2021-04-12 060516

Then I added the 5442 port to the security group in my ec2 instance

After that, the classroom app has been working fine

Screenshot 2021-04-12 070729

Is it done like this or there is another way ??

Thank you again & best regards

It should be available at port 443. Anyways this should be enough to make it work

Regards

1 Like

You have asked to show you the output of these commands and here they are:

Can you please tell me what to modify ??

Thank you