Turning on Recordings for Conferences

Hello,

I turned on OPENVIDU_RECORDING = true and restarted OpenVidu server but I am not seeing any recordings. Is there another setting on the server or client side?

V

Read deeply how to record with OpenVidu please.

Regards

Thanks. I did read that. That document describes a programmatic way to do this. My question is whether there is anything in the base product that lets you record by changing some configuration. I have already set OPENVIDU_RECORDING=true.

To record sessions automatically, initialize them with ALWAYS recording mode.

That make sense when I am writing software for a client. Is there similar functionality in the base OpenVidu product which I can use to test recording when I start up a new room?

I don’t understand what you mean by “base product” and why you say it is only suitable for “writing software for clients”.

Let me try again.

Just as the base product has “Mute your audio” , “Mute your Cam”, does it have “Record” capability? Or this can only be achieved by writing client code?

OpenVidu Call is our demo application installed by default in every production OpenVidu Platform deployment.

OpenVidu Call doesn’t allow you to record the meetings.

As OpenVidu Call source code is available, you can modify it and add recording capability using the recording features provided by OpenVidu platform.

Awesome. Thank you very much!

1 Like

One more question on base OpenVidu product.

Screen sharing does not seem to be working. I tried to screen share with the another user and as soon as I do that, I get an umpteen number of video within video screens.

Screen share is working on our deployments.

Can you test if screen share is working here? https://demos.openvidu.io/openvidu-call/

I re-read your question and I take into account that the behavior you describe is exactly how screen share works… Sharing your screen. If you open another window in your computer, it will be shared.

You see the infinite loop because you are sharing a screen showing your own screen. It’s fractal :wink:

nickieatmirror

Thanks. It works as you mentioned.