Openvidu 2.17 Not working on outer network

• KMS event [IceComponentStateChange]: → endpoint: str_CAM_FDRk_con_HbYQXZcAku (publisher) | state: FAILED | componentId: 1 | streamId: 1 | timestamp: 1619260027690

KMS Event Failed on Outer Network.
Got Stuck on this.

What you mean with “outer network”?

OpenVidu is supported only if installed following the provided instructions.

Best regards

Yes I Installed using provided instruction in my on premises ubuntu server.
And it work in my local network.
But When I map my server to domain it give me following error

• KMS event [IceComponentStateChange]: → endpoint: str_CAM_FDRk_con_HbYQXZcAku (publisher) | state: FAILED | componentId: 1 | streamId: 1 | timestamp: 1619260027690

As Instructed I Also Allow
22 TCP : to connect using SSH to admin OpenVidu.
80 TCP : if you select Let’s Encrypt to generate an SSL certificate this port is used by the generation process.
443 TCP : OpenVidu server and application are published by default in standard https port.
3478 TCP+UDP : used by TURN server to resolve clients IPs.
40000 - 57000 TCP+UDP : used by Kurento Media Server to establish media connections.
57001 - 65535 TCP+UDP :

1. Does your server have a public IP?

2. Remember that not only ports should be allowed with ufw. You also need to open ports in your security group/firewall/whatever you are using, so all ports are accessible from the outside.
    For example, If you’re behind a router you will need to create rules in your router so all ports bind to the specific private IP of your server in your LAN. On the other hand, In a cloud provider you only need to allow traffic for the specified ports to this instance and it should have its own public IP

3. Your file in /opt/openvidu/.env should have in DOMAIN_OR_PUBLIC_IP the domain you’re using to access OpenVidu if you will use it from the outside.

1. Yes My server has public IP & it bind with domain.
  2. I allowed all the mention port from my firewall also.
  3. In /opt/openvidu/.env I have domain which I use from outside.

Then we will need to take a look ourselves.

Please contact us to pro.support@openvidu.io with SSH credentials and OpenVidu SECRET so we can take a look directly to your installation.

Best regards

Hello Guyz,

Thanks for your support. Issue is resolved now.
Issue is in firewall rule all traffic is divert from another public IP.
The Public IP which we bind for use not working.
After lots of R&D finally we get it & solved it.
Thanks @micael.gallego @cruizba

1 Like

Firewalls are good friends… Sometimes :wink:

I’m glad it is solved.

Regards!