Latest CloudFormation Template Missing Options

The latest CloudFormation template seems to be missing a lot, including the webhook parameters, timeout, bandwidth, etc.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Adam,

For better maintainability, we have decided to remove that options from Cloud Formation. But you can still change values in the .env configuration file.

Regards

OK thanks. So I need to ssh and edit the file, or upload and overwrite the file I guess? I’m trying to ssh right now and not having any luck. I’m getting Permission denied (publickey). I have confirmed my key is working in Python and have tried the various usernames listed here… https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/TroubleshootingInstancesConnecting.html#TroubleshootingInstancesConnectingSSH

Can you provide some guidance?

Sorry, I am able to ssh now. I had to recreate my key for some reason. Could you still explain the best way to update the configuration file? In my use case I will be creating and deleting the CF stack pretty frequently. Do I need to upload and overwrite the config file each time, or is there a better way?

Thanks again,

To sum up: you need to have your .env file with the properties you want placed at OpenVidu installation folder (by default /opt/openvidu, overwriting the default one if you need other values than the defualt ones), and then restart OpenVidu service with ./openvidu restart.

It doesn’t matter how you do it. Through SSH is probably the best way. Any Linux server allows you to copy files and run commands through SSH.

Thanks Pablo. I see the .env file is owned by root. Is it ok to change the owner to ubuntu so that I can then use scp to upload/overwrite it?

Sure, if you give write access to that file to user ubuntu you should be able to do so.