JsonRpcClient is disconnected from WebSocket server

I sometimes getting the error message “JsonRpcClient is disconnected from WebSocket server at ws://…:8888” in the clients (Web and apps) in OV signaling plane.

Can anyone explain to me the meaning of this error? Does this means that KMS crashed? Is it recoverable state or not? Can it be temporarily error? What should client do when receiving this error in the signaling plane from OpenVidu: a) attempt to re-join the room, b) assume that server is down (then it can try use different server or request a OpenVidu restart).

P.S. The system overall is working, but having hard time when there’s more that 20 rooms or over 200 publishers total; I have enough of CPU and memory. OV 2.19 seems yields less such errors that the latest version.

UPDATE

I start monitoring and counting number of such errors (I look for exact match to the string which is the topic of this post) in client Android apps and collect this data on my server. I see that this error appears sporadically and increasing significantly on higher load. Also, I have OV 2.19 on Server #5 (Ubuntu 20.04.6), and OV 2.29 on Server #4 (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS). And it turns out that this error happens really A LOT on Server #4, but almost never on Server #5. CPU load is never over 50% on both servers and RAM is below 10% even on highest load.

The chart below counts number of clients receiving “JsonRpcClient is disconnected from WebSocket server” exception per minute:

Server #4
Server #5 has up to 60 clients experiencing this exception per minute.

Server #5
Server #5 only has 1 client experiencing this exception for the same period of time.

Number of rooms/players on both servers a comparable and not that different:

Rooms and players on Server #4:
(you should look at the black lines, the top chart shows number of rooms, the second below is number of clients)

Rooms and players on Server #5:
(you should look at the black lines, the top chart shows number of rooms, the second below is number of clients)

Finally this is CPU and Network usage charts for both Servers:

CPU and Network utilization on #4:

CPU and Network utilization on #5:

I still struggle to understand why this happens.

The next think I will try to setup Server #4 exactly the same Ubuntu and OV version as on #5 and see if this helps.

Thank you,
Mike