Constantly repeating message 'Waiting for kibana'

Take into account that OpenVidu Pro is not supposed to be run in a single Node. It is supposed to be run in at least two different nodes: one for OpenVidu Server Pro Node and other for a Media Node.
If you run it in the same machine, you will be paying double for the same node. The pricing logic assumes two nodes and is compatible only with the official deployment setups.

1 Like

Thanks for the information.
I have already created official AWS setup. I just don’t want to turn it on while still developing my application. I just need to make sure that recording is working as it should and every participant can see videos that they are supposed to see.
Once my application is ready, I’ll just change the urls in my web application to point to my AWS cluster and turn that cluster on.
I am not trying to reduce the cost of the openvidu pro which is fairly small comparing to the cost of AWS cluster. I am just trying to avoid that AWS cost until my application is ready.

I have the same Kibana error. Do you recall what was wrong in your .env?

Take into account that Elasticsearch and Kibana will take a little bit of time to run. So if everything is correctly setup, in a matter of seconds/minutes it should be available and OpenVidu Pro will start.

What .env configuration do you have?

Yes, this did actually catch me out. Unless I’m mistaken it seems that not supplying a password for elastic was the issue.

it seems that not supplying a password for elastic was the issue.

Yes, it is mandatory. I think you can run it without ELASTICSEARCH_PASSWORD if the parameter ELASTICSEARCH_USERNAME is not defined in /opt/openvidu/.env. But… definitely not recomended