Chrome Mobile (version 87.0.4280.77) for iOS is not supported

Hi

We use OpenVidu Pro 2.15.0.

When we try to use the latest Google Chrome Mobile on iOS (version 87.0.4280.77), we are getting exception from OpenVidu. When we call session.connect(token), we are getting this error.

Browser Chrome Mobile (version 87.0.4280.77) for iOS is not supported in OpenVidu

Can you please let us know why this is not supported? Safari seems to work fine in iOS and older versions of Chrome used to work earlier. Any specific reason why this version is not supported in iOS?

Thanks
Vinoth

1 Like

I see that your website states only Safari is supported. But I can see that the WebRTC samples at https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/peerconnection/pc1/ works fine in Chrome for iOS. Any reason why it is still not supported in OpenVidu?

1 Like

Hi Vinoth. getUserMedia api is not supported in chrome/firefox on ios. You can try out this link getUserMedia
This api is used in openvidu

Hi Gokul

I tried the webrtc link in your message in Chrome on iOS (tried it on iPhone 12) and it is working fine. It is opening the camera and is showing live video. So I’m wondering if Chrome for iOS issues are fixed now and Openvidu team can look to add support to it?

Thanks
Vinoth

Hi Vinoth

As per the issue tracker raised for this issue 752458 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail , the status has been updated as resolved on 12 January’21. Also, they have clearly stated that this issue has been resolved for ios versions starting 14.3, which means this will remain as an issue for older versions.
Yes, i agree that openvidu can take note of this change and update.