Android client crahes whole session

Hello,

i’m having issues developing my client version of Openvidu Android.
I’ve followed all the steps in:

with the only exception i get the token from my back-end API.

I’ve tested with multiple clients form Angular and iOS and everything works fine: we can see eachother connecting to my aws server.

But when an android user joins (tested on multiple devices) he can only see some users but not himself. Also everyone from OpenviduBrowser sees the connection of the android user from console (Stream created with connectionID) but they never see the user in the openvidu module and the whole browser page just freezes.

At this point a chrome error: page not responding appears and the only solution for everyone is to forcequit the browser.

i’m using 2.15.0 version for every side Server/client

Any suggestion?

After extensive testing we narrowed the problem to OpenVidu Angular we are using for browser call API and Android Native App using OpenVidu android client.

Android and iOS clients can comunicate fine but as soon as the browser client tries to join the room in which the user from Android is connected, the browser freezes.

We found out that when the sendJSON() inside the joinRoom() is called in Android client, and the connection is established on the server, the angular module crashes.

This is 100% reproducible in our environment but except for the crash, no error is shown server or client side.

Can you describe exactly how to reproduce the crash?

Can you provide a sample program (based on official tutorials)? So we can take a look to it

Hi and thank you for your response.
We download the Android example for connect with our backend, all the operation about token retrieve and connection it’s ok, but when a Android client connect to other web user (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc…), the Angular and Ionic frontend crashed and the browser freeze (it’s impossible to catch errors). Android seems to be right. We think the problem it’s in sendJson() into joinRoom() method declare into CustomWebSocket class, because it’s the last stable point before crash.
We hope you can help!
Thank you